Mikel Arteta, the Spaniard, had half a season to assess his squad to aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the Gunners’ current roster.
Meanwhile, Arsenal has a Europa League campaign to navigate in 2020/2021 thanks to their recent victory in the FA Cup final, so will need a well-stocked squad of quality options.
Here are the latest transfer rumors.
- If Arteta wants to do plenty of transfer business, it will help his cause if he can raise funds through sales.
- One man who could be heading out of the club is Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
- Maitland-Niles made 15 Premier League starts for the Gunners this season, and was also in the team for the FA Cup victories over Manchester City and Chelsea.
- Mesut Ozil left Arsenal this summer. His last appearance for the club was in March and he scored just one Premier League goal this season.
The Daily Star has reported that the German international has been pictured on Instagram with the owner of Istanbul Basaksehir, Okan Buruk. This has cranked up the rumor mill regarding Ozil’s potential exit from north London.
However, his agent Dr. Erkut Sogut said Ozil would remain with Arsenal for another year when asked about it last month.
- Arsenal are not short of players who may be leaving this summer. Midfielder Matteo Guendouzi is another who has seemingly paved the way for an exit, with Arteta reportedly happy to allow him to move on. But few people would’ve guessed that French champions Paris Saint-Germain would prove to be his next stop after Arsenal, but reports suggest that could be the case.
- Guendouzi might return to a team that he played for as a youth, so might Queens Park Rangers’ Eberechi Eze. The 22-year-old attacking midfielder was on Arsenal’s books until he was released nine years ago. So Eze looks set to remain in London, but exactly where he will be next season is yet to be determined.