Last month, an explosion damaged the nuclear facility in the Natanz city, Iran.
The spokesman of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Behrouz Kamalvandi said on Sunday, that the security investigations confirm that explosion was sabotage
“Until now, how this explosion took place and what materials that used, will be announced by security officials as soon as possible,” Kamalvandi said.
As quoted by News24xx.com from the state news agency IRNA, known that the uranium used in the blast, enrichment site, much of which is underground, is one of several Iranian facilities monitored by inspectors of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Officials said the blast on July 2 2020, had caused significant damage that could slow the development of advanced uranium enrichment centrifuges.
The government of Iran also called the blast as the possibility of sabotage by enemies, such as Israel and the United States. But, Israeli officials declined to comment.
Also, some Iranian officials have previously said the explosion may have been the result of cyber-sabotage. As information, Natanz is the centrepiece of Iran’s enrichment programme.