Residents of RT 01 RW 11, Benteng Urban Village, Sungai Batang District, Indragiri Hilir Regency, Riau breathed their last while working to repair the speakers in the swallow cage.
The man named Muhamad Haris (57) died after being electrocuted on Sunday, August 30, 2020 afternoon.
“It is suspected that at that time there was a short circuit so that the man was stung by the current,” explained a member of the 07 / Reteh Sub-District Military Command, Sgt. M Jupri.
He explained, based on the information from the victim’s child, Syawal (19), at around 11.00 WIB the victim entered the swallow house to fix the speakers.
While fixing the speaker cables, the victim was heard screaming and the witness immediately entered the swallow house and at that time he saw the victim was electrocuted and was lying on the floor unconscious. The victim was then taken to his house.
“The victim was taken to the clinic and declared dead with several burns to the hands due to electric shocks. After examining the victim’s body, it was then handed over to the family for burial,” he explained.