The Regent of Indragiri Hilir, HM Wardan chaired the High Level Meeting (HML) with the Regional Inflation Control Team (TPID) on Monday, Sept. 21, 2020.
The meeting which was held at the Tembilahan GTV Study was also attended by the Head of Bank Indonesia (BI) Riau Province and the Head of the Riau Province Economic Bureau Section via Video Conference.
The Regent explained an overview of the development of price information for various commodities in 2020.
“Generally, we has increased based on the monitoring of BPS, in August 2020 it experienced a depreciation of 0.01 percent with a price index of around 105.06 with an inflation rate of 2.13 percent in 2020,” Wardan explained.
For that reason, the Regent also said there were several efforts made by the Government to maintain the price stabilities, ie :
- Ensuring the transportation of incoming goods,
- Providing safe infrastructure,
- Monitoring price stability in the field,
- Periodically monitoring commodities,
- Cooperating with law enforcement agencies in monitoring the supply of staples
- Developing MSMEs
- Uutilizing the vacant land.
- Development of adequate infrastructure,
- Independent food production by the community
- Planting cycle training by farmers.