Be careful with mosquito bites, because it can infected !!!
A man’s left leg from Cambodia named Bong Thet, 27, has swollen to the size of a small pig.
Two decades ago, he got infected mosquito bites, and makes him has to drag the painful limb along the ground when he shuffles around his family home.
After knowing about his story, a good woman offered to pay for his treatment. Businesswoman named Dana Try donated around £2,000 for his treatment.
In the past, he dreamed of being a footballer, but has not been able to kick a ball properly since the illness started when he was six-years-old. Initially, the tumor developed from small wounds on his foot and grew around his foot and completely covered his leg by the time he reached 12-years-old.
Don’t have money, his parents ignored his wounds, because they thought the scratches were from playing outside near his home in Kampong Chhnang province.
After getting money, Thet was able to visit a hospital for the first time. But doctors discovered that he has incurable Lymphatic filariasis, a parasitic disease caused by thread-like worms.
And doctors also said that it one of the leading causes of disability in the world, and there is no known vaccine or cure for the disease yet.
After learned that the disease was incurable, Thet was disheartened but he was still grateful to the busineswoman who donated money for his treatment.
He said: “I’m so happy, knowing that there are people who care for me. I am so grateful for them to helping. Although the doctor said that my disease was incurable, I will continue to take the medication given to me by the doctors which will make my life more comfortable. I promise to use the money for pay for medicine and food. It will make my life easier and makes me feel happy.”
As information, Thet’s parents were factory workers and couldn’t afford the medical treatment, and makes his condition worsened through the years. He had to stop going to school because it was difficult for him to walk long distances.
Thet should to endured his illness for more than two decades without seeing specialists, until good Samaritans heard of his plight and offered to pay for his treatment earlier this month.