We know, Apple and Facebook have been at loggerheads with each other for years.
Facebook and Apple clearly don’t like each other.
Apple with iOS 14 is set to introduced a new feature that will hurt Facebook is the most recent cause of friction between the two tech giants.
Here are five reasons why Apple and Facebook share a not-so-friendly relationship:
- Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, in an interview in 2014 said that users should be “worried” if companies collect their data to make money, in direct reference to what Facebook does.
- Facebook has said that Apple’s products are really expensive and if it really cared about its customers then it would make affordable products.
- Tim Cook and Mark Zuckerberg have often come out in the open and engaged in an — indirect — war of words on many occasions. The bone of contention for Apple has always been privacy.
- Apple has booted — later reinstated — a few apps from Facebook over privacy concerns, something that Facebook has never liked.
- It wasn’t a blanket ban as such but in a blog post, Facebook urged its employees to use Android since it was the most popular mobile OS in the world.