It’s so tragic.
A 24-year-old Russian woman was electrocuted when her charging iPhone fell into the water as she bathed.
As cited News24xx.com, the woman named Olesya Semenova was found by her roommate in their apartment in Arkhangelsk.
Her friend named Daria told, “I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, not breathing and showing no signs of life. I was very afraid. When I touched her, I had an electric shock.”
She added that she found Semenova’s iPhone 8 in the water — still charging.
Paramedics confirmed that Semenova, who worked in a clothing store, died when the phone fell into the tub while it was plugged into an outlet.
“The tragedy reminds us once again that water and an electrical device connected to the electricity grid are incompatible. The same applies to any mobile device. If you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is its failure. But when it is connected to the network, we see what the consequences are,” the Russian Emergency Ministry said in a warning after the incident.