One housing unit owned by residents in RT 05, RW 10, Kempas Jaya Village, Kempas District, Indragiri Hilir (Inhil), Riau on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, has burned.
Jumari’s house was burned down at around 09.00 am, local time when the 64-year-old man left his house.
Head of the Fire Service of Indragiri Hilir, Eddiwan Shasby, explained the cause of the fire was allegedly due to an electrical short circuit.
“The losses were estimated at IDR 50 million. There were no fatalities in the incident. The fire could be extinguished at around 09:30 am, local time,” Eddiwan explained.
Eddiwan asked the public to always be careful when leaving their house.
“Please check all the equipment related to electricity,” he appealed.