At least seven people died in the fire that broke out at the hotel.
ang being used for a Covid-19 facility in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
According to the BBC, this fire tragedy occurred on Sunday morning at 05.00 am local time.
Apart from the death toll, dozens of people were reportedly injured at the hotel building located in Vijayawada.
The fire was under control, Lakshmi continued, but the rescue and fire fighting operations continued.
Based on preliminary reports, the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit, citing the Times of India.
The Swarna Palace Hotel, located on Eluru Street, was rented by Ramesh Hospital as a treatment center for coronavirus patients.
There are about 50 positive Covid-19 patients being treated and 10 medical personnel on guard in this building.
Most of those who died were caused by suffocation from the smoke. Corona virus patients are already suffering from breathing problems and thick smoke is worsening their condition.
Many patients can be heard shouting for help from the hotel room windows.