A fire accident occurred in the Keritang Transfer Village, precisely at Yos Sudarso street, Cahaya village on Thursday (4/08/2021) at 03.30 am, local time.
The fire was suspected to have occurred due to an electrical short circuit.
As a result, 8 houses belonging to residents were sold out and made 8 family heads lose their homes.
Head of the Fire and Rescue Service, Eddiwan Shasbi, explained that the semi-permanent house fire also caused a resident to experience burns.
“The fire can be extinguished at around 05.00 am, local time, there were no fatalities in the incident, there was only one injured victim,” explained Eddiwan.
He also said that his party sent 2 units of fire-fighting cars with 15 personnel.
“The distance that has to be traveled is approximately 45 minutes to get to the location. But because the fire was extinguished, finally the personnel were pulled back to the post,” he said.