Efforts are being made by the Siak Regency Government to stop the spread of the Covid -19 outbreak, including the closure of various tourist objects in the Siak Regency.
The current closure of tourist objects, both government and private, has been extended from May 17-24, taking into account that the condition of Covid 19 is still high.
“With this, we are asked to manage tourist objects in Siak district for the time being to be able to close the tourist/recreation / swimming pool/waterpark that you manage from 17 to 24 May 2021 as an effort to control the transmission of COVID-19 in Siak Regency. , “through a letter issued by the Regent of Siak, Drs Alfedri, M.Si, in his letter dated May 17 to 24, 2021.
The determination of this extension was carried out considering the increasingly high and uncontrolled spread of COVID-19 cases in the Siak Regency.
This is because Siak Regency is an area with a moderate risk category of transmission in the orange zone against the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Therefore, it is necessary to make joint efforts in breaking the chain of COVID-19, especially after the holidays for the celebration of Eid al-Fitr 1442 H.
Previously, the Siak Regency Government had closed tourist attractions during the ban on going home from 6-17 May 2021.
The letter was addressed to the Head of the Siak Regency Tourism Office. As well as managing tourist/recreation/swimming pool/waterparks and the like.
Even so, Alfedri said that after Eid 1442 Hijri, the cases of COVID-19 in Siak had decreased. Now, he says, it’s no longer the red zone, even though it’s still orange.
“However, efforts to prevent it really need cooperation from all parties, let us fight together and endeavor, this epidemic is the enemy that we must prevent collectively,” pleaded Regent Alfedri.