A resident of Wales (UK) warned of the dangers of chewing gum, which she blames for the death of her daughter.
As quoted from Daily Mail, Samantha Jenkins, 19, died in June 2011.
“I remember that day as if it were yesterday”, – says her mother,
“I was making tea in the kitchen, there was the usual conversation at the table, and she kept complaining that she was not feeling well.”
The woman advised her daughter to drink water and lie down. The daughter went to her room and passed out on the way.
The girl was taken to the hospital and immersed in an artificial coma. She died soon after. Doctors suspected that the girl was poisoned, but upon autopsy, four or five bright green lumps of chewing gum were found in her stomach.
Summing up the results of the investigation, the doctor did not rule out that her death could be associated with them.
The mother claims that her daughter was very fond of gum and used one or two packs every day.
After the death of the girl, dozens of wrappers and empty packages were found in her room.
She had wrappers and empty chewing gum boxes in every bag and in every drawer in her bedroom.