Behind the image of the nation’s capital city which is busy and crowded with rows of skyscrapers and traffic jams, Jakarta, in fact, also offers tourist charms that are no less interesting to visit and explore.
Even in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Jakarta, there are so many choices of tourist destinations in Jakarta that can be visited. Starting from child-friendly family tours, culinary tours, historical and art tours to anti-mainstream tourism in Jakarta.
Behind the image of the nation’s capital city which is busy and crowded with rows of skyscrapers and traffic jams.
Jakarta, in fact, also offers tourist charms that are no less interesting to visit and explore. Even in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Jakarta, there are so many choices of tourist destinations in Jakarta that can be visited.
Starting from child-friendly family tours, culinary tours, historical and art tours to anti-mainstream tourism in Jakarta.
When you hear its name, you might be mistaken, because this popular tourist spot in Jakarta has a variety of stunning works of art. Abbreviated from the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Nusantara, Museum MACAN is a suitable destination for admirers of both modern and contemporary art.
The first museum dedicated to modern and contemporary art, Museum MACAN, officially opened on November 3, 2017. The inauguration was carried out by the philanthropist and founder of the museum designed by MET Studio London, Haryanto Adikoesoemo.
Museum MACAN is the first institution in Indonesia to allow public access to a significant and growing collection of modern and contemporary art from Indonesia to the rest of the world. The museum is built on an area of 4,000 square meters. In this place, tourists will find various art collections from famous people in the world.
At least no less than 90 works of art, both domestic and international, have been exhibited in this museum. The works on display are not only limited to paintings, but also contemporary works that are packaged in a variety of amazing techniques, media, and installation art.
No wonder this destination often becomes a photo opportunity for visitors. The work of art that is most in demand is the work of Yayoi Kusama, a Japanese artist entitled ‘Infinity Mirrored Room’.
Museum MACAN Regulations
Given the sensitivity of the collection of art items on display at this museum, Museum MACAN has several rules that every visitor must obey.
Among the regulations are:
- Not allowed to touch works of art.
- Cell phones must be set to silent mode and do not carry on telephone conversations while in the exhibition area.
- Speak politely and softly.
- Rollerblading is not permitted when inside the gallery.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, and bags that are bigger in size than handbags should be checked in. So one time, bags or other items will be checked for security reasons.
- Drinks and food may not be brought into the gallery. Food or drinks can only be eaten at the cafe.
- Can take pictures but not allowed to use flash.
- You can draw a sketch using a pencil in the gallery area, but you can only use a book with a maximum size of 22 cm x 28 cm. And the drawing should not use crayons, charcoal, permanent markers, oil paints, and watercolors.
Name: Museum MACAN
Address: Wisma Akr, Panjang street Number 5, Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta
Opening hours: 10.00 am -7.00 pm, local time (Tuesday – Sunday)
Entrance ticket: IDR 50,000 (adults), IDR 40,000 (elderly and students), IDR 30,000 (children)