Luar biasa, a survey from the Nippon Foundation has revealed that the coronavirus pandemic has led Japanese teens to up their intake of books during their extra time that spent while isolated at home.
Seperti dikutip News24xx.com, from the survey according to the online poll carried out from Sept. 29 through Oct. 5, 2020 :
- 24.9 percent of the 1,000 respondents aged between 17 dan 19 said they read more now than they did before the pandemic
- 6.0 percent said they read less
- 69.1 percent did not change their reading habits during the public health crisis
- 59.7 percent said they enjoy reading
- 12.8 percent said they did not enjoy reading
Asked how they feel about the general deterioration of reading comprehension among young people, 65.4% think it is “unfavorable,” while some 38.2% believe they fall into the category of having such low reading comprehension.