Filipinos are fascinated over a one-eyed dog named Cyclops who was born in Aklan early this month.
Cyclops’ owner Amie de Martin, a full-time homemaker, said that the pooch died almost right after he was born on Feb. 6 at 10pm. The veterinarian said Cyclops’ disability might have been caused by something his mother ate. His mother has given birth to just two puppies in her life, with the one-eyed dog being the second.
“The vet said that Cyclops’ mother probably ate something toxic. But Cyclops mother is a menopausal puppy [so that might have been another reason],” de Martin told Coconuts Manila.
“Cyclops couldn’t drink milk from her. We had to feed him using a dropper and with powdered milk,” she added.
Instead of burying the puppy, de Martin decided to preserve his remains in a glass box.