Gubernur Riau (Gubri), Syamsuar said that Pekanbaru City was designated as one of the regions requested to tighten the Implementation of Restrictions on Community Activities (PPKM) along with 42 other regions in Indonesia.
“The PPKM of Pekanbaru has been extended and tightened according to the central direction. But for Riau, we apply the same not only to Pekanbaru. All must tighten without exception. Tambahan, this new PPKM has increased tightening from the previous PPKM,” said Syamsuar at the Pekanbaru High Court Office. , Selasa, Juli 6, 2021.
This tightening, said Gubri, was to maximize the prevention of the entry of the Delta variant from all lines.
“According to the direction from the center, Riau is also included in seven provinces that must be aware of the spread of the Delta variant. So we must maximize prevention, one of which is by tightening PPKM. All regions remain (PPKM, ed),” dia menjelaskan.
Dilaporkan sebelumnya, Coordinating Minister for the Economy Airlangga Hartarto stated that the Government tightened the implementation of Micro PPKM outside Java and Bali. One of them is Pekanbaru City, Riau.
Ada 43 regencies/cities that are subject to this tightening starting from July 6, 2021, sampai Juli 20, 2021.
Ini 43 cities are included in the 4th assessment in the Covid-19 condition.
“We decided to extend the Micro PPKM from 6 untuk 20 July related to outside Java and Bali. This is in line with the Java-Bali Emergency PPKM,” said Airlangga, Senin (5/7/2021).
The tightening is:
- Offices are required to work at home (WFH) as much as 75% so that WFO is only 25%.
- Teaching and learning activities are carried out online.
- The essential sector can continue to operate 100% by setting operating hours and health protocols.
- To eat (dine-in) at the restaurant is limited to 25% and a maximum of 17:00. Sementara itu, take away is limited to 20.00.
- Malls can still be open until a maximum of 17.00 WIB with a capacity of 25%.
- Construction projects can operate up to 100%
- Religious activities in houses of worship are abolished.
- All public facilities are temporarily closed.
- All arts and cultural activities are closed.
- All seminars and meetings are closed.
- Public transportation will be regulated by the local government for capacity and health protocols.