A Perodua Alza caught fire when the power bank that was placed in the passenger seat storage area exploded.
The incident occurred due to hot weather after being in the parking lot for a long time.
The photo shows the seats and ceiling of the car damaged and burned in a fire.
This can happen because Lithium-Ion batteries, the most common type of battery found in power banks and smartphones, overheat.
Benzo Energy says that the maximum temperature of a Lithium-Ion battery is 50 degrees Celsius.
If it exceeds that, the battery will stop charging or explode at some point.
Although it takes a temperature of 50 degrees Celsius for a Lithium-Ion battery to explode in most cases, a temperature of 45 degrees Celsius can also cause damage.
Since Lithium-Ion batteries give off heat, it is very important to keep them at a suitable temperature as this can cause damage.
Always be careful about where you store your power bank and avoid leaving it in your car if you plan to park outdoors or in hot weather.